Forum Discription: Old Boys Division 5 Forum
URL: http://www.sacrecoeur.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=203
Printed Date: 19 November 2018 at 9:06am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 8.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Alumni
Posted By: GavScott_12
Subject: Alumni
Date Posted: 19 February 2007 at 10:28am

Tough game saturday lads. But as was said on the day they weren't 5 goals better than us, we conceded a couple of disapointing goals and heads dropped.

There's no reason why we can't get  2 good results off them in the league, especially as we now know what we're up against.

Replies:
Posted By: Si Furlong
Date Posted: 19 February 2007 at 11:54am
You right to an extent Gav.

We did concede some soft goals, and the heads did drop.
We came out after half time and started the second half brightly, and despite being a goal down, we were still very much in the game at that stage. However once the second goal went in we knew it was going to be a difficult task getting back on terms, then conceding a daft 3rd goal as well killed off the spirit of the lads.

I reckon you are correct about what we can achieve against them in the league, but we will definitely have to turn in a better performance than Saturday.

It didn't really help that the Loobricator and Mick Kennedy are coming back after long periods out and other mobile players (loafer and the road runner) were unavailable through injury.
Let's not make excuses though, they are a good side and next time we will be ready for them.

Having seen the league results this weekend (Bootleians got hammered 5 -1 by Quarry Bank, and Old Xavs drew with Alsop) we are still in with a decent shout of a top two finish, so lets put this shocker behind us and push onwards and upwards, starting Saturday with Collegiate.

-------------
One chance - One goal

Posted By: dlooby
Date Posted: 19 February 2007 at 1:47pm
I love this fighting never say die spirit!!!!

Date Posted: 19 February 2007 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by dlooby

I love this fighting never say die spirit!!!!

Yes, shame there wasn't much of it on show on Saturday

-------------
One chance - One goal

Posted By: Andy Rannard
Date Posted: 19 February 2007 at 6:52pm
Boys we were outplayed in the end. They were quicker and sharper throughout the game.

A key factor as well was the tactical battle which we might want to look at next time, though I say no more here as some of them read this site. I certainly dont think hope has gone.

We have some very difficult games in our run in but then so have our opponents - they have got us!

Can I point out that I was coming back after a few games out as well, though luckily my style of play can mask that - standing still and shouting!

Some surprising results, partic Bootleians.

-------------
"Tell him to go away or I'll kill him!"
"Goals pay the rent!!"

Date Posted: 21 February 2007 at 7:02pm
Si why is the match report unavailable? I sit a technical problem or you just couldnt face writing it?

Ps your personal message folder is full so not accepting any more messages.

-------------
"Goals pay the rent!!"

Posted By: dlooby
Date Posted: 22 February 2007 at 3:07pm
Andy,
It's still not there and maybe the longer it's not there the better, for me anyway!!!!!!!!!
I'm not looking forward to reading my bit part in the game......
God knows how Flanny must feel!!!!!  LOLLOL

Sorry Paul  Tongue

Posted By: The Hon Sec
Date Posted: 22 February 2007 at 4:34pm
Sounds  like certain people are making me a scapegoat for a abject performance against a superior team. Lets be gracious and admit we where beaten byu a better team. I'll hold ny hands up re the free kick but  the other goals !!!

-------------
Flanny

Date Posted: 22 February 2007 at 9:21pm

Flanny you are right we were beaten by a better team in particular they had a better goalie!!Wink

You can only be to blame for a few of the goals!

No seriously we were just sh*t. End of! And as for Team Spaz, I think I prefer it when he doesnt turn up!

-------------
"Goals pay the rent!!"

Posted By: Liam Doyle
Date Posted: 22 February 2007 at 11:43pm
Now then children...Sleepy

Let's just put it behind us and concentrate on the next game eh? Stern%20Smile

-------------
"It's 'MR' Chairman to you sunshine."

Date Posted: 23 February 2007 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Andy Rannard

And as for Team Spaz, I think I prefer it when he doesnt turn up!

You wish seems to have been granted this week Andy. Chris isn't playing (and for once he has let me know!!!).

Sorry about the match report as well, it is a combination of being really busy this week, along with still being completely numb from last week debacle.

Several people have made points about individuals performances, and I think it is fair to say we were stuffed by a good side, and that pretty much everyone in our side was sh*t. So nobody has a defence for critisism, and nobody has a right to dish it out either, other than the poor sods who stood on the line and watched the performance.

-------------
One chance - One goal

Date Posted: 24 February 2007 at 12:06am
I blame the lads on the line, where was the passion?

-------------
"Goals pay the rent!!"

Posted By: Liam Doyle
Date Posted: 24 February 2007 at 12:09am
Apparently, it was with the 'swag bag' in the changing rooms. LOL

-------------
"It's 'MR' Chairman to you sunshine."

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums version 8.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2006 Web Wiz Guide - http://www.webwizguide.info