Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Football
 Sacre Coeur FP Football Club Forum : Club Forums : General Football
Message Icon Topic: Match report from Waterloo's website Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Social Committee
Social Committee

Joined: 08 March 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 529
Quote dlooby Replybullet Topic: Match report from Waterloo's website
    Posted: 04 October 2010 at 2:22pm

The following was mailed to me by a colleague in work who plays for waterloo vets, unfortunately he did not play in this game, but it is a funny read: -
Re: Waterloo Vets v Sacre Couere Vets
« Reply #1 on Aug 26, 2010, 2:03pm »

Its back! No more dreadful Saturday malaise, no more trying to sound sincere as you proclaim “of course you look nice in it”. Football returns halleluiah.

A spectacular own goal, brace from John Jessop and one from the ever reliable Jay Byrom saw Waterloo come back from three one down to notch their first win of the new season.

Waterloo was in the presence of a living legend as the teams lined up; top TV shagger and local Crosby celeb Omar, took his position at centre forward ready for the kick off. Waterloo looked rueful wondering if they would measure up to the porn royalty in their midst and hoped his thrusts would not be as dangerous as his day job.

Waterloo started the game well with a good tempo, passing through midfield and forcing the pace in the early exchanges. Couere were using the ball in behind to try and ruffle the Waterloo back four feathers, but with Cannell quick off his line the early danger was averted.

It was against the run of play that Couere took the lead. A ball played down the Waterloo left was cut out and cleared by Pilko and Si, there looked no danger when the ball fell to the Couere winger but his shot deceived Cannell and nestled in the net 0-1. Waterloo up the ante and Cooney went close after good work down the left from Carragher. On another day the chance would have gone in but the ball rebounded off the post and was cleared to safety.

Worse was to follow a miss placed pass wrong footed Swee, the break down the right dragged Lundon out of the middle but he failed to cut the subsequent cross out. The ball fell at the feet of said porn star and he “poked it home” (Sorry about that) 0-2.

Waterloo continued to play football but the chances they were creating would not go in. A few passes were not finding their intended target and this, more than the opposition play, was causing the home side the most problems.

Couere’s third came from some more sloppy play. Another long ball in behind looked to under control as Pilko came across to cover the break. Lundon switched off and failed to track his man allowing him to advance into the box. Couere managed to force the ball back into the path of the unmarked forward and he dispatched it with ease 0-3.

The score certainly didn’t reflect the game. Waterloo needed to get a foothold before half time, their play deserved something and eventually it came in the form of a classic oggy. The couere left back looked like he had an easy back pass on but he managed to scoop the ball high over the keepers head and into the net 1-3.

Half time 1-3.

Flabio and new assistant Gunny calmed the troops and with a few well placed words sent the Waterloo players back out for the second half.

Waterloo continued were they left off moving the ball well and putting some great moves together. The confidence was there for all to see, Cooney started weaving his magic in midfield and Carragher was making an impact down the left.

Waterloo knew that another goal would give them the momentum to go on and win the game. Flabio rang the changes to freshen things up. Pilko made way at half time for Kev Kirby. Mummery and Lundon made way for Mayne and McKenzie.

The changes lifted things although Kev started a fierce debate amongst the back four about who should have done what after a long ball nearly found its way into the box. Waterloo grabbed their second when Jessop stole away down the right and neatly finished to start the come back 2-3.

Kinsella came on for Richardson, who was suffering from blisters. This moved Jay Byrom up top and he didn’t disappoint. Jessop bursting down the right cut the ball back and it eventually fell at Jay’s feet. No second invitation needed, Jay powered the ball home 3-3.

It was all Waterloo now and with Couere descending into squabbles Carragher launched another attack down the left. Outpacing the fullback easily he played the ball across the box and Jessop finished it with aplomb 4-3.

The final whistle brought the game to a close and as the Couere captain left the field muttering expletives about the performance the Waterloo players celebrated the comeback

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums version 8.04
Copyright ©2001-2006 Web Wiz Guide

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.