Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
3rd Team - Si Furlong
 Sacre Coeur FP Football Club Forum : Team Forums : 3rd Team - Si Furlong
Message Icon Topic: There's alwaysnext season Post Reply Post New Topic
The Hon Sec
Executive Committee
Executive Committee
Hon. Secretary

Online Status: Offline
Quote The Hon Sec Replybullet Topic: There's alwaysnext season
    Posted: 05 April 2008 at 9:53pm
An excellent result today against 2nd placed Alumni.

We could still be in Division One next season after a few good results in recent weeks. Third from bottom may well end up being the finishing position when you look at the fixtures the two bottom teams have left.

A difficult and hard season in the top division. I'm sure next season if we are still in Div 1 will see things being different. Some good players have been added this season and if we can keep,hold of them and add a couple of more i'm sure things will turn around.

ClapClapClapWell done Si on keeping things going in a difficult season, when I'm sure at times you wondered why, after several years of success. But I guess thats football for you.
Flanny
IP IP Logged
Si Furlong
Admin Group
Admin Group
3rd Team Manager and Fat Cat

Online Status: Offline
Quote Si Furlong Replybullet Posted: 05 April 2008 at 11:53pm
I have got to be honest and say we would have taken a point today before the game, but in retrospect it was a little disappointing in the end having led three times, only to gift some daft goals and let them back into it.

Out of the 8 goals today, maybe only two where 'good' goals rather than sloppy defending, but it was a cracking match.

The lads did excellent, despite us only having the bare eleven and with 3 lads playing out of position, including Looby who had to deal with their speedy winger (which he did well in the main).

Made up with the effort from the lads today, just a pity, like last week that we ended up drawing 4-4 having led.

A good finish to the season taking 8 points from 12, just gutted because with a little more luck we may have had 12.

Anyhow, looking at what is left, we have got to hope that Collegiate slip up in their remaining games. They have a couple of tough games against Alumni next week then Cardinal Newman on the 26th. I just hope that Wavertree West Derby can do us a favour on the 19th.

If only we could have held on last week or this we could have viewed that Wavertree game with a little less fear.

Fingers crossed lads

One chance - One goal
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version