Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
1st Team - Chris Lawless
 Sacre Coeur FP Football Club Forum : Team Forums : 1st Team - Chris Lawless
Message Icon Topic: Redgate Game Post Reply Post New Topic
Liam Doyle
Executive Committee
Executive Committee
Chairman

Online Status: Offline
Quote Liam Doyle Replybullet Topic: Redgate Game
    Posted: 08áMarchá2008 at 10:54pm
Sacre Coeur 2 v 1 Redgate

Although Redgate currently occupy fourth from bottom place in the League it didn't reflect their performance. They battled well and came for a game of football. (and were an awfully nice bunch of lads Wink). Redgate had drawn with leaders Essemay a few weeks ago but then drew with Rockville last week.

Anyway back to the match..... Sacre Coeur played the first half with a strong wind behind them and at times over ran the ball but continually tried to play football in poor conditions. Chances came and went and the frustration was evident. HT 0-0.
Second half started with a belief that Sacre Coeur would get that elusive goal and go on to dominate the game....and within 30 seconds we found ourselves 1-0 down after a Redgate attacker found himself unmarked with the ball at his feet and slotted home from inside the box. Shocked

We battled, played football, dug deep, played some more football and............. it happened. A good ball into the box eventually found its way to Big Dunc who, looking like had overrun the ball deftly back heeled the ball into the path of the onrushing John Carragher to slide home. 1-1.

Sacre Coeur then dominated the remainder of the game but couldn't find that killer edge. With 10 minutes remaining and a possibility that it was going to be one of those days and time running out Gary Roach out wide, dropped a shoulder, sold the full back and drilled in a low cross for Big Dunc to prod home for the winner. Big%20smile

One again the defence was excellent snuffing out most of Redgate's chances.
Coeur's midfield also deserve a lot of credit for their relentless attacking play, at times Coeur had 6 up front looking for the eleusive winner.

As has been mentioned, 3 points is 3 points but the manner in which we obtained the win today was a credit to watch and an honour to be a part of Sacre Coeur. Well Done Lads Star

"It's 'MR' Chairman to you sunshine."
IP IP Logged
derek
Managers
Managers
1st Team Manager

Quote derek Replybullet Posted: 08áMarchá2008 at 11:35pm
Sounds like a great game, typical Blustery conditions in Thornton/Netherton area. Another 3 points towards the title march well done the lads, good to hear attacking football being played.
Sounds like a game we might of drawn earlier in the season, just shows how far we've come.
Bring on Ford Motors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!x
IP IP Logged
Si Furlong
Admin Group
Admin Group
3rd Team Manager and Fat Cat

Quote Si Furlong Replybullet Posted: 08áMarchá2008 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by derek

Sounds like a great game, typical Blustery conditions in Thornton/Netherton area. Another 3 points towards the title march well done the lads, good to hear attacking football being played.
Sounds like a game we might of drawn earlier in the season, just shows how far we've come.
Bring on Ford Motors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!x

Nice to see how keen you are Derek. Up at half 8 on a Sunday morning just to check the Coeur results.
By the way is that a kiss you have put on the end of your post?
Big Queg!!

Also nice to see the self proclaimed 'Mr Chairman' managing to scribe an albeit brief, match report after 7 months of watching the firsts.Wink

One chance - One goal
IP IP Logged
Liam Doyle
Executive Committee
Executive Committee
Chairman

Quote Liam Doyle Replybullet Posted: 09áMarchá2008 at 12:09am
Nice to see you are still up Mr Webmaster Wink

"Big Queg"? - where is your Equality & Diversity? Wink

It was indeed a brief match report.
Felt the need today after such a good and vital win.
I was even thinking of taking notes once (once !) but too busy 'running the line'.  (and, might I add, what a fine job I do of that, even if I say so myself LOL)

"It's 'MR' Chairman to you sunshine."
IP IP Logged
derek
Managers
Managers
1st Team Manager

Quote derek Replybullet Posted: 10áMarchá2008 at 7:29am
Yes Simon, it is. It's 2008 now and if I want to put the occasional x on my posts, i'll do it.
I am cutting my trip short, but unfortunatly not short enough to make the thing on 31st May. I am back on 1st June after 3 weeks in Thailand sight seeing!!!!!!!!!!!
And yes, as the drinking in Australia is not like being kulled in the Crosby, I see the whole day on Sundays. x
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version