Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
3rd Team - Si Furlong
 Sacre Coeur FP Football Club Forum : Team Forums : 3rd Team - Si Furlong
Message Icon Topic: Bootech on Saturday Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
Si Furlong
Admin Group
Admin Group
3rd Team Manager and Fat Cat

Online Status: Offline
Quote Si Furlong Replybullet Topic: Bootech on Saturday
    Posted: 07áMarchá2006 at 11:30pm

Alright lads, Bootech away on Saturday. After last weeks debacle we have got to get up for this game and give everything we have got. They dropped points as well last weekend so this represents their very last chance at winning the league. Let's make sure that we get up for it and guarantee that it is us that get the points that we so desparately need.

By the way there arent any showers available at Civil Service so bring the extra strong B.O. Basher to mask the smells that you will be taking to the ale house.

Si

IP IP Logged
dlooby
Social Committee
Social Committee

Quote dlooby Replybullet Posted: 08áMarchá2006 at 7:01pm

Gents,

A large majority of us, myself included, just weren't up for it last week for whatever reason.  Since the game, I've gone over in my head how I should have won that tackle or that header, but I didn't.  I'm hoping a lot of you will be feeling the same way??  There just wasn't enough passion or commitment in our play.  It's not very often that we come away from a game where we had a good few chances without a single point, so that makes this weeks game against Bootech even more important.  Let's make this a cup final for ourselves.  Let's all be fully committed to every header, tackle and challenge!  Second best is not good enough for this team.  I have watched more than I have played this season and you do not deserve to be second best this year!  Let's go to the Civil Service fully prepared (and not too pissed) and get the result we deserve!!!

Come on Sacre Coeur!!!!

Dave Looby

IP IP Logged
Liam Doyle
Executive Committee
Executive Committee
Chairman

Quote Liam Doyle Replybullet Posted: 10áMarchá2006 at 12:10am

Dave, Well said.

Lads, I'll see you there Saturday. Don't let me down !!

Good Luck.

IP IP Logged
Si Furlong
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Si Furlong Replybullet Posted: 10áMarchá2006 at 12:25pm

Just heard from Flanny that all games at the civil this weekend have been called off. Therefore our next fixture will be against Cardinal Newman in the Senior Shield on Saturday 18th March. Can you let any other lads you see know this.

Cheers

Si

IP IP Logged
Andy Rannard
Executive Committee
Executive Committee

Quote Andy Rannard Replybullet Posted: 10áMarchá2006 at 6:06pm

Dave well said. That had me in tears. I keep going over in my head which players I didn't threaten during the game.

Andy.

PS Paul Morgan does look like a smackhead on his pic.

IP IP Logged
Liam Doyle
Executive Committee
Executive Committee
Chairman

Quote Liam Doyle Replybullet Posted: 10áMarchá2006 at 6:58pm

Andy, I think it's funny when you look at the 3rd Team's stats. 7 bookings and you've got 5 of them. Nice to see you're having a good consistent season.

p.s. The Camera never lies. (Although you would have thought Si could have 'airbrushed' his own picture and not 'widened' the rest.) 

IP IP Logged
Si Furlong
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Si Furlong Replybullet Posted: 10áMarchá2006 at 9:17pm
Doyley, you can hardly criticise!!! You 'Retired' at 25 or something like that due to looking like Paul Morgan does now. And we can't have you picture on our site due to the 'honest camera' not taking sepia photos like they were in your heyday!!
IP IP Logged
Liam Doyle
Executive Committee
Executive Committee
Chairman

Quote Liam Doyle Replybullet Posted: 10áMarchá2006 at 10:25pm

C,mon, cut me some slack - it was 29. Dodgy knees, all that sacrificing myself for the cause. Hard ground at Buckley Hill and 'going down' in the box. (No jokes please) - and all legitimate - never any diving. Honest.

IP IP Logged
Si Furlong
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Si Furlong Replybullet Posted: 10áMarchá2006 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Liam Doyle

C,mon, cut me some slack - it was 29. Dodgy knees, all that sacrificing myself for the cause. Hard ground at Buckley Hill and 'going down' in the box. (No jokes please) - and all legitimate - never any diving. Honest.

Your having a giraffe arent you???  Mike Smith did all the legwork and you just swanned around the six yard box. Hardly cause for dodgy knees. And with regards to the penalties, both Drogba and Robben are mere amateurs compared to some of your 'performances'

IP IP Logged
Liam Doyle
Executive Committee
Executive Committee
Chairman

Quote Liam Doyle Replybullet Posted: 10áMarchá2006 at 10:50pm

Pigskin & Onion Bag - That's what it's about !!

I was 'lightning' fast over half a yard. And I used to get Penalties just for falling over. The good old days - not like today, where you have to dive properly to get a pen.

IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version