Sacre Coeur Former Pupils Football Club
Si Furlong's Second Team
Liverpool Old Boys Amateur League Division 3
Sacre Coeur

Darren Woodcock (1)
Paul Jackson (1)
Mick Taylor (1)
Liverpool Old Boys
Div 3
3 - 1

Rob Hatton Rob Philliskirk Ady Maxwell Jack Kelly Ste Alty Darren Woodcock Mick Lynch Matty Vaudrey Ian Jones Mick Robertson Derrick Burns Craig Liggett Joe Hoose Jack Riley Mick Taylor Andy Pflancer
starting line up
Ian Jones
Michael Robertson
Rob Philliskirk
Paul Jackson
Peter Riley
Jack Kelly
Jack Riley
Darren Woodcock
Joe Hoose
Ste Alty
Andy Pflancer
Jack Hodson
Si Furlong
Mick Taylor

opposition :
Kingsford (H)
competition :
Liverpool Old Boys Div 3
match date :
kick off time :
played at :
Buckley Hill
referee :
S Mahon

Jack Kelly

Jack stepped into the shoes of the injured Degsi and played with intelligence and enthusiasm. His pass for the second goal helped seal the victory..A great performance

Back at Buckley Hill for another season, this time to face Kingsford who had taken 4 points from their opening 2 games. Coeur were somewhat depleted in their options seeing a squad of 21 become just 14 as the game approached. Both Degsi and Matty were out injured, Ste Ally and Ady at social functions, Lynchy was in work, Craig was AWOL assumed pissed and Rob Hatton off battling pirates off the East African coast. Along with this Mick Taylor was named sub to save his energy for his upcoming boxing bout the following Friday.

Ian started in goal, with Mick Robbo, Rob Phil, Jacko and Peter making up the back line. Darren, Jack Kelly, Jack Riley, Pflancer, Hoose and Alty made up the eleven. Mick was joined on the bench by Jack Hodson, in his first Coeur squad and Si.

The match was an end to end one with both sides trying to get the ball down and play some decent football. Pflancer was creating problems for Kingsford with his direct running and had two efforts both go close. Kingsford were also producing some decent stuff and were denied by a brilliant double save by Coeur's stand in cat.

The game reached the interval with both keepers having made a couple of decent stops to keep the score level.

Half Time

Sacre Coeur 0 Kingsford 0

The half time team talk encouraged Coeur to get the ball down and try and expose the back line of Kingsford to the Coeur pace up top. Signs were encouraging for Coeur but a tall Kingsford side were right in the game.

With an hour gone and the game still goaless Coeur ad two big pieces of fortune go their way. Firstly a defensive mix up saw Kingsford in down the right flank. The ball was slid across the goal or a simple tap in, only for theie midfielder to inexplicably miss the target from just yards out with the keeper stranded.

Coeur then went up the other end and forced a corner which saw Coeur gifted the opener. The Kingsford keeper, the first of 3 on the day, fumbled a cross andDarrengratefully nodded home from 2 yards out.

Kingsford rallied, but Coeur were in control at this point. Si sent on Mick Taylor to replace Pflancer on the right and he was instantly found by a sumptuous through ball from Jack Kelly.Mickraced onto it and slid it past the keeper to give Coeur some breathing space.

With the game entering the last 15 minutes, Jack Hodson was introduced for Jack Kelly who had worked his socks off in the middle of the park. Within 5 minutes Jack was upended on the right hand side of the pitch midway in the Kingsford half. Mick Taylor took the free kick and whipped it into the far post, Joe Hoose rose like a salmon, nodding it back across the goal whereJackovolleyed it home, scoring his first goal sincethe 2nd team cup rout of Barrluca in November 2011.

Kingsford managed a last minute consolation goal when a ricochet fell to the player on the edge of the box and he scrambled it home.

A decent win against keen opposition. Coeur displayed a ruthless killer instinct in the second half that had been missing from the week before.

Full Time

Sacre Coeur 3  Kingsford 1


(Si Furlong)