Sacre Coeur Former Pupils Football Club
Si Furlong's Second Team
i-zingari combination division 1
Sacre Coeur

Ste Alty (1)
I-Zingari Combination
Div 1
1 - 3
Essemmay O.B.

starting line up
Craig Humphreys
Steve Allison
Rob Hatton
Andy Howard
Adrian Maxwell
Dave Sutton
Derrick Burns
Martin Wilson
Daniel Williams
Ste Alty
Chrissy Whelan
Si Furlong

opposition :
Essemmay O.B. (H)
competition :
I-Zingari Combination Div 1
match date :
kick off time :
played at :
William Collins Playing Fields
referee :
John Porter

Martin Wilson

A brilliant performance from Martin in midfield. Ran his socks off for the cause and was positive right to the end.

Once again late cry-offs had reduced Coeur from 15 down to the prospect of Si being the sole sub. The eleven on the pitch picked itself. The match in wild conditions with a strong wind a driving rain making accurate passing difficult.

Essemmay started the game better than Coeur, moving better and creating a few shooting opportunities.
Coeur were struggling to get any rhythm to their play and it took them 10 minutes before creating a decent spell of play. A long pass was knocked forward from the back by Andy and Ste Alty brought it down well before smashing a dipping volley over the helpless keeper and into the net to give Coeur the lead.

Following on from the goal, Coeur used the wind to create havoc in the Essmmay back line with Chrissy Whelan bundling the ball into the net after a long throw in. Unfortunately the ref decided that not since the days of Stanley Matthews and co have you been allowed to barge the keeper over the line when he has caught the ball.

Essmmay continued to move the ball well and managed to grab an equaliser. Coeur had justifiable cause for complaints as the forward was stood in an offside position as he tucked the ball home, however sometimes these decisions go for you and sometimes against you.

Half Time
Sacre Coeur 1 Essemmay 1

The second half was a scrappy affair with few chances for either side. In fact it took a wonder goal from 45 yards the flew into the top corner of Coeur's net, to break the deadlock.

Coeur then created a great chance as Ste Alty managed to skip past the last defender, only to see the ball strike his shins and bobble into the grateful arms of the keeper.

The game was sealed in the last minute as Essemmay broke and added a third as Coeur were pushing for the equaliser.

A scrappy match in difficult conditions saw Coeur edged out by a decent Essemmay side.

Full Time
Sacre Coeur 1 Essemmay 3

(Si Furlong)