Sacre Coeur Former Pupils Football Club
marc 'derek' eckersall & mick carragher's First Team
liverpool county f.a. premier league division 1
Sacre Coeur

Jonathan McKeown (1)
LCPL Challenge Cup
Round 3
1 - 0

starting line up
Dave Moran
James Currie
Tim Holloway
Stuey Aitken
Mick Carragher
Lee James
Lee Owens
Robbie Boardman
John Carragher
Jonathan McKeown
Gary Roach
Stephen Bowfield
Michael Roberts
Duncan Atkinson

opposition :
Roma (H)
competition :
LCPL Challenge Cup Round 3
match date :
kick off time :
played at :
referee :
Neil Badrock

Sacre Coeur 1 v 0 Royal Oak Muirhead Avenue (ROMA
George Mahon Cup - Last 16.

Once again Sacre Coeur played County Premiership opposition.........
and once again Coeur were victorious.

A blustery wind meant both sides had a difficult first half hour to get to grips with conditions and a couple of corners for Coeur about summed up the first 30 minutes.

On 32 mins a good run down the right by Cheery bomber who lobbed his man and crossed to the onrushing Roachy who managed to 'not score' from six yards out (see You Tube for Video evidence).

On 45 mins a good passing move fell to Cherry who drilled a shot just wide.

HT 0-0

10 mins into the second half and a sliced clearance by the Roma keeper under pressure found Cherry who crossed but the keeper recoved to make a save.

15 minutes gone and a good sustained attack saw Coeur rain shots in at the Roma goal but a slight suspicion of handball and 2 cleared off the line ensured the scores remained level.

On 18 mins a good break with 3 on 2 ended up with Cheery firing narrowly over.

On 20 minutes Roma came into the game and Dave The Goalie did well to palm the ball away.

On 25 mins a free kick appeared to hit the arm of a Roma defender but a corner was awarded. From the resultant corner the ball fell to Jamesy on the edge of the box who fired a shot just over the bar.

On 28 mins a good deep cross by Mick Carra was desperately headed away for another corner.

On 30 mins a quickly taken free kick by Roma was comfortably taken by Dave The Goalie.

On 40 mins a good curling effort by Roachy just went wide.

On 43 mins a good curling free kick by Roma just sailed wide.

FT 0-0

Extra time it was (again) and Coeur rose to the occasion taking the game to Roma form the start.

2 mins and a good run and cross by Robbie Boardman was tipped away by the Roma keeper for a corner.

4 mins in and a Robbie Boardman corner was swung to the edge of the box finding Cheery Bomber who expertly volleyed a sweet shot into the top corner. ClapClap 1-0

HT ET 1-0

It was Coeur who still played the attacking football to try to get another goal to kill the game off.

Currie took a full elbow to the face while heading the ball away from a Roma attack and decided that his 'Red Nose' day was Saturday.

Unfortunately for Coeur it meant playing for about 4 minutes down to 10 men as the referee insisted that his wound was 'plugged' and his shirt was changed before allowing him to resume.

Luckily it didn't affect the team and as the whistle was sounded the delight was evident as Coeur progressed to the quarter finals of the George Mahon Cup to face Lucas Sports (2nd in the Prem).


(Liam Doyle)