Sacre Coeur Former Pupils Football Club
marc 'derek' eckersall & mick carragher's First Team
liverpool county f.a. premier league division 1
Sacre Coeur

Gary Roach (1)
Robbie Boardman (1)
L.C.F.A. Challenge Cup
Round 2
2 - 1
Ford Motors

starting line up
Dave Moran
Lee James
Mick Carragher
Tim Holloway
Stuey Aitken
Jonathan McKeown
John Carragher
Duncan Atkinson
Gary Roach
Michael Roberts
Robbie Boardman
James Currie
Lee Owens
Neil Cooper
Jamie King

opposition :
Ford Motors (H)
competition :
L.C.F.A. Challenge Cup Round 2
match date :
kick off time :
played at :
referee :
Ian Dibbert

Sacre Coeur 2v1 Ford Motors - LCFA Challenge Cup 2nd Round

This result was a 'Carlsberg' moment ......

....probably the greatest Sacre Coeur result in the World. (Well in the last 21 years anyway.)

I can't actually remember us beating a team as 'high' up the ladder as Ford Motors who lie 6th in the Premier Division and who drew with the 'all conquering' Waterloo Dock only last week.

We played Ford Motors in the cup last season and lost 2-0 but I didn't think we played that well so today was our chance to make amends......and make amends we did !!!!

Coeur started off against the wind but tried to play as much football as possible on the floor and looked like they were matching Ford. Ford coming out the blocks just like Coeur so we were in for a good game.

Nine minutes into the game and the ball whipped in from a corner, aided by the strong wind, eluded everybody in the box and found  the underside of the bar and in for 1-0.

Did we get frustrated? Did we get on each others backs? Were we downhearted? - No chance. We picked ourselves up, dusted ourselves down and went at Ford for the rest of the half creating a few half chances that we were unlucky not to convert but retaining most of the possession.

H-T 1-0

Within a minute of the first half gone and a corner from Roachy found the onrushing Robbie Boardman who took a touch and drilled in the equaliser.

This seemed to shock Ford who continually struggled to play decent football with the strong wind.
Sacre Coeur attacked relentlessly for the rest of the half and were again unlucky with a few half chances.

With 2 minutes left on the clock and extra time seeming inevitable a long cross was well headed goalward by Ginger only to hit the keepers outstretched foot. What a chance for glory! - extra time surely beckoned now?

How wrong we were....

In the 92nd minute........ A long punt up front was held up in the wind and Ginger beat the keeper to the ball to knock it passed him into the box. Ginger and the Keeper then collided and fell in the box. As Ginger regained his composure and was about to shoot towards goal the keeper impeded him. The referee did what a lot of referees wouldn't and had the bottle to award the penalty.

Roachy stepped up and coolly slotted home 2-1.

60 seconds later and Sacre Coeur had achieved what we had never achieved before. And we're in the 3rd Round of the LCFA Challenge Cup - where we've never been before.


(Liam Doyle)