Sacre Coeur Former Pupils Football Club
marc 'derek' eckersall & mick carragher's First Team
liverpool county f.a. premier league division 1
L.C.F.A. Challenge Cup
Round 1
1 - 2
Sacre Coeur

Gary Roach (1)
Robbie Boardman (1)

starting line up
Dave Moran
Lee James
Neil Cooper
Stuey Aitken
Tim Holloway
Lee Owens
Robbie Boardman
Jonathan McKeown
Michael Roberts
Gary Roach
Robin Miles
Peter Spelman
Duncan Atkinson
Mick Carragher

opposition :
Warbreck (A)
competition :
L.C.F.A. Challenge Cup Round 1
match date :
kick off time :
played at :
referee :
Billy Birch

Warbreck entertained the first team of Sacre Coeur in Round One of the Liverpool County FA Challenge Cup.

This was the first time that Sacre Coeur had been entered in to the tournament so defeat surely couldn't be on the cards.

Sacre Coeur started the brighter and on 3 mins a good cross by Cherry from the left just eluded Ginger at the back post.

After 5 mins a 'crunching' clash of heads saw Ginger and a Warbreck player receiving treatment.

After 14 mins a good move ended with the ball falling to Roachy who struck a good shot which was parried out by the keeper to Ginger who struck another good shot hitting the keepers knees.

After 17 mins a blow for the defence of Coeur as stand-in centre half Stuey Aitkin hobbled off to be replaced by Pete Spelly.

After 19 mins a good move down the reight found Ginger who crossed for Roachy who hit thew keeper with his shot.

After 20 mins a good move involving Robbie Boardman found Ginger who flashed a shot across the goal.

After 29 mins a Jamesy free kick was whipped in, the onrushing Tbob glanced his header wide.

H-T 0-0

Coeur continued to press forward straight from the kick off as they had done so in the first half.

Early in the second half a mistake at the back by Warbreck saw Roachy steal in and slot past the onrushing keeper. 1-0

15 mins in and a good ball found Robbie Boardman through on goal who drew the keeper out and knocked the ball wide. Still 1-0

After 20 mins a long kick upfield by Dave the Goalie found Ginger who knocked it back to Robbie who lobbed the keeper with a deft chip.
Unfortunately as the ball was about to cross the line the ever enthusiastic Roachy made sure it went in and was flagged offside.
Biggest smile off the day was on the linesmans face. Embarrassed - as the line were hoping we didn't live to regret the chance. Confused

27 mins gone and a good move involving Roachy and Ginger ended with the ball at the feet of Robbie who drew the keeper out, sent him the wrong wide and stuck the ball wide. Still 1-0.

After 31 mins a good run by Mick Carra and a good cross nearly found the onrushing Ginger at the back post who was unlucky not to connect.

A minute later and yes it happened ...... a bit of head tennis in the Coeur box ended with a Warbreck player stabbing the ball home. 1-1.
One shot - one goal Confused

After 38 mins a great ball by Ginger and Robbie beating the offside trap to go through - good job we had a liner as all the Warbeck players were screaming for offside. Robbie ran through, drew the keeper out (again) and struck the ball towards goal, where it duly hits the inside of the post and rebounded out - back to Robbie where he dispatched it into the net from a tight angle. 2-1

In injury time a good ball down the left  was crossed in by Big Dunc to Ginger at the far post who dispatched it into the back of the net. Unfortunately the linesman flagged for offside even though the ball appeared to have been crossed 'square'. Never mind they're allowed one mistake.

Full Time 2-1.

The result never really looked in doubt as long as we had our shooting boots on. Big%20smile

(Liam Doyle)