Sacre Coeur Former Pupils Football Club
Si Furlong's Third Team
Liverpool Old Boys Amateur League Division 1
Hope Park
Liverpool Old Boys
Div 1
3 - 1
Sacre Coeur

Chris Trow (1)

starting line up
John Barlow
Andy Rannard
Mike Smith
Dave Looby
Rob Philiskirk
Andy Blackburn
Gav Scott
John Doyle
Kenni Jackson
Chris Trow
Craig Burns

opposition :
Hope Park (A)
competition :
Liverpool Old Boys Div 1
match date :
kick off time :
played at :
Jericho Lane
referee :
Mark Jones

Kenni Jackson

Drove Coeur on throughout the game and worked tirelessly in the middle of the park.

Was unfortunate to see his shot come back off the bar.

Derby Day can often prove problematic when it comes to raising a side and today proved no different. Coeur managed to raise the bare eleven to take down the South end of the City to face Hope Park. Dave Looby showed many others the way in the commitment stakes by organising a 2 hour break in the middle of his shift so he could play, when others chose to go the pub and watch the derby.

The first half was a scrappy affair that saw Hope Park take the lead as a free kick was fired past a 2 man wall when perhaps there should have been more in it. The ball then bounced in front of keeper John Barlow and kicked up sharply and over him into the back of the net. A second was added as a forward cut back inside the defence and fired the ball into the far corner. Coeur had a few chances up front but weren't able to convert any of them, leaving Coeur trailing at the break.

Half Time 0 - 2

Coeur were 2 down and deservedly so at this stage after they had underperformed against a distinctly average Hope Park side. A good blast of the hairdryer from Si Furlong and a few points of his crutches saw Coeur take to the field with fire in their bellies and a new found desire and belief. Coeur dominated the early procedings in the second half and reaped the rewards as they reduced the defecit when Chris prodded home from 8 yards. Coeur continued to pile forward, and had the ball in the net for a second time after a Kenni Jackson piledriver from 30 yards rebounded off the bar and Mully slammed home the rebound, only for the referee to adjudge that he had fouled a defender in his desire to get to the ball first. Sadly for Coeur, fitness took its toll and their resplendent efforts of the first 35 minutes of the second half gave way to fatigue in the final 10. Hope Park snatched a late third on the break as Coeur were pushing for the equaliser.

A frustrating performance in the first half that left Coeur with just too much to do to salvage a point from this game, that their second half efforts deserved.

Full Time 1 - 3